British PM to wear tails to royal wedding
LONDON (AP) - April 20, 2011 -- Prime Minister David Cameron is changing course and plans to wear a formal morning suit with long tails to the royal wedding after all.
A spokesman indicated earlier this week Cameron would opt for a business suit at the April 29 event instead of the traditional tails associated with upper-class English weddings.
But Cameron's office said Wednesday the prime minister now plans to wear a more formal suit. His decision is expected to lead other politicians to shed business wear for morning suits.
The wedding invitation gives men a choice of suits, military uniforms or traditional formal wear.
Cameron has been reluctant to wear outfits that remind voters of his elite education at Eton College and Oxford University.
royal wedding, royal_wedding
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Family of boy who died in Los Banos DUI...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos