British PM to wear tails to royal wedding
LONDON (AP) - April 20, 2011 -- Prime Minister David Cameron is changing course and plans to wear a formal morning suit with long tails to the royal wedding after all.
A spokesman indicated earlier this week Cameron would opt for a business suit at the April 29 event instead of the traditional tails associated with upper-class English weddings.
But Cameron's office said Wednesday the prime minister now plans to wear a more formal suit. His decision is expected to lead other politicians to shed business wear for morning suits.
The wedding invitation gives men a choice of suits, military uniforms or traditional formal wear.
Cameron has been reluctant to wear outfits that remind voters of his elite education at Eton College and Oxford University.
royal wedding, royal_wedding
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified