British PM to wear tails to royal wedding
LONDON (AP) - April 20, 2011 -- Prime Minister David Cameron is changing course and plans to wear a formal morning suit with long tails to the royal wedding after all.
A spokesman indicated earlier this week Cameron would opt for a business suit at the April 29 event instead of the traditional tails associated with upper-class English weddings.
But Cameron's office said Wednesday the prime minister now plans to wear a more formal suit. His decision is expected to lead other politicians to shed business wear for morning suits.
The wedding invitation gives men a choice of suits, military uniforms or traditional formal wear.
Cameron has been reluctant to wear outfits that remind voters of his elite education at Eton College and Oxford University.
royal wedding, royal_wedding
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Suspicious bags found by Boston Marathon scene
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers 32 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport
- Photos: Tax Day deals and freebies