British PM Cameron won't wear tails to royal wedding
LONDON (AP) - April 18, 2011 -- Prime Minister David Cameron won't be wearing a formal morning suit with long tails to the royal wedding.
The invitation gives men a choice between suits, military uniforms, or traditional formal wear, which includes a long coat with tails. Religious leaders are allowed to wear their clerical outfits.
Cameron has been reluctant to wear outfits that remind voters of his elite education. He was photographed in formal wear when he was a member of an exclusive dining club at Oxford University.
Other senior British politicians are expected to follow Cameron's lead and choose business suits.
royal wedding, royal_wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting 28 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 17 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Did Craigslist play role in Madera Co....
17 min ago