The royal couple arrives in Canada
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge touched down in Canada Thursday for their first official overseas trip as a married couple.
Prince William and Princess Catherine stepped off a plane at Ottawa International Airport. They were met by dignitaries and a little boy bearing flowers.
The royal couple also shook hands with fans who lined up to see the new husband and wife.
"Catherine and I are so delighted to be here in Canada.. instilled in us by our parents and grandparents who love this country. We've been looking forward to this moment for a very long time," said Prince William.
The newly minted Duke and Duchess visited the National War Memorial in Canada where they each laid a wreath for the fallen. Then, they headed to Ottawa City Hall for their official welcome.
Their stay in Canada will last one week. They'll head to Southern California next. A highlight of that trip includes a charity event at the Santa Barbara Polo and Racquet Club.
royal wedding, united kingdom, london, england, prince william, kate middleton, royal_wedding
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach 53 min ago
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner 28 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap 5 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos