The royal couple arrives in Canada
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge touched down in Canada Thursday for their first official overseas trip as a married couple.
Prince William and Princess Catherine stepped off a plane at Ottawa International Airport. They were met by dignitaries and a little boy bearing flowers.
The royal couple also shook hands with fans who lined up to see the new husband and wife.
"Catherine and I are so delighted to be here in Canada.. instilled in us by our parents and grandparents who love this country. We've been looking forward to this moment for a very long time," said Prince William.
The newly minted Duke and Duchess visited the National War Memorial in Canada where they each laid a wreath for the fallen. Then, they headed to Ottawa City Hall for their official welcome.
Their stay in Canada will last one week. They'll head to Southern California next. A highlight of that trip includes a charity event at the Santa Barbara Polo and Racquet Club.
royal wedding, united kingdom, london, england, prince william, kate middleton, royal_wedding
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled 55 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos