Merced Co. offering flu mist and vaccinations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County is making a special effort to get kids vaccinated against the flu.
Thursday the health department held a pediatric flu clinic at its main building in Merced.
It was set up specifically for children between six months and 18 years old.
Organizers say they try to give kids the flu mist spray instead of shots when possible.
The Merced County Health Department accepts Medicare, Medical, and most private insurances.
Those without insurance may be eligible for a discounted fee.
The county holds regular clinics once a week in both Merced and Los Banos.
merced, merced county, los banos, health
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote 3 min ago
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Accuweather Forecast
47 min ago