Merced Co. offering flu mist and vaccinations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County is making a special effort to get kids vaccinated against the flu.
Thursday the health department held a pediatric flu clinic at its main building in Merced.
It was set up specifically for children between six months and 18 years old.
Organizers say they try to give kids the flu mist spray instead of shots when possible.
The Merced County Health Department accepts Medicare, Medical, and most private insurances.
Those without insurance may be eligible for a discounted fee.
The county holds regular clinics once a week in both Merced and Los Banos.
merced, merced county, los banos, health
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe 8 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands