The calories behind the Super Bowl
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Not only is the super bowl the biggest game of the year, it's also one of the biggest eating days of the year.
Americans will eat an estimated 30 million pounds of snacks during the big game, drink 50 million cases of beer, and chew on 1.2 billion chicken wings.
On average, that's about 3,000 calories for each of us.
But you can avoid pain at the gym later, with a little pre-game planning.
Nutritionist Paola Anchondo said, "Portion control would be the main thing to remember and one of the things to do is to substitute, say I'm going to have a hamburger. Instead of having it on white bread I'm going to have it on whole wheat bread. Instead of just chomping down on a ton of chips, give me some carrots, you still get that crunch."
Nutritionists say start the day with a healthy breakfast and eat high-fiber foods throughout the day, and fruits and veggies are always all-star selections on super Sunday.
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about