City of Lindsay to build a Wellness Center
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After losing its hospital ten years ago, the City of Lindsay is trying to replace it with a different kind of health facility.
Lindsay officials are building a brand new wellness center on the site where the old hospital used to be. The $10-million dollar project will feature a lap pool and gymnasium, and act as a health and fitness center.
They hope this new wellness center will offer programs on avoiding diabetes and obesity.
"And the idea of the wellness center really came about the idea of preventing people from going into the hospital thru lifestyle changes, thru nutrition thru living a better lifestyle," said Wellness Center Director Brand Albert.
"This is a way for us to support our residents with being healthy and staying healthy," said City Council Member Pam Kimball.
The new wellness center is expected to be finished within the next year.
lindsay, health watch
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 1 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel 21 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies 30 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin