City of Lindsay to build a Wellness Center
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After losing its hospital ten years ago, the City of Lindsay is trying to replace it with a different kind of health facility.
Lindsay officials are building a brand new wellness center on the site where the old hospital used to be. The $10-million dollar project will feature a lap pool and gymnasium, and act as a health and fitness center.
They hope this new wellness center will offer programs on avoiding diabetes and obesity.
"And the idea of the wellness center really came about the idea of preventing people from going into the hospital thru lifestyle changes, thru nutrition thru living a better lifestyle," said Wellness Center Director Brand Albert.
"This is a way for us to support our residents with being healthy and staying healthy," said City Council Member Pam Kimball.
The new wellness center is expected to be finished within the next year.
lindsay, health watch
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Fresno family's dream comes true 14 min ago
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes