City of Lindsay to build a Wellness Center
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After losing its hospital ten years ago, the City of Lindsay is trying to replace it with a different kind of health facility.
Lindsay officials are building a brand new wellness center on the site where the old hospital used to be. The $10-million dollar project will feature a lap pool and gymnasium, and act as a health and fitness center.
They hope this new wellness center will offer programs on avoiding diabetes and obesity.
"And the idea of the wellness center really came about the idea of preventing people from going into the hospital thru lifestyle changes, thru nutrition thru living a better lifestyle," said Wellness Center Director Brand Albert.
"This is a way for us to support our residents with being healthy and staying healthy," said City Council Member Pam Kimball.
The new wellness center is expected to be finished within the next year.
lindsay, health watch
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals