City of Lindsay to build a Wellness Center
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After losing its hospital ten years ago, the City of Lindsay is trying to replace it with a different kind of health facility.
Lindsay officials are building a brand new wellness center on the site where the old hospital used to be. The $10-million dollar project will feature a lap pool and gymnasium, and act as a health and fitness center.
They hope this new wellness center will offer programs on avoiding diabetes and obesity.
"And the idea of the wellness center really came about the idea of preventing people from going into the hospital thru lifestyle changes, thru nutrition thru living a better lifestyle," said Wellness Center Director Brand Albert.
"This is a way for us to support our residents with being healthy and staying healthy," said City Council Member Pam Kimball.
The new wellness center is expected to be finished within the next year.
lindsay, health watch
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos