Struggling to lose weight?
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Struggling to lose weight? Try paying attention to what you eat and how you eat it. A recent study shows distractions like eating at your desk while checking your email could be making you fat.
We're all guilty of eating while multitasking, but playing on your computer or watching T.V. while you eat lunch makes it harder to remember what you've consumed -- and that can make you fat.
Researchers from Bristol University believe memory plays a crucial role for our appetites. To keep yours in check, practice mindful eating.
Tip one: set your watch and take 20 minutes to eat your next meal. Some research suggests it takes 20 minutes for the brain to register that the body has eaten enough.
Tip two: try eating with your non-dominant hand, if you usually eat with your right, place the fork in your left. The dominant hand is ten percent stronger, eating with the other, may help you slow down.
Tip three: Chopsticks. They're not just for sushi. Use them to eat other foods as well. And if you're not very good, they too will help you slow down when you eat.
Simple tips to keep your mind on your food and your waistline in check.
health watch, graciela moreno
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 12 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law