Struggling to lose weight?
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Struggling to lose weight? Try paying attention to what you eat and how you eat it. A recent study shows distractions like eating at your desk while checking your email could be making you fat.
We're all guilty of eating while multitasking, but playing on your computer or watching T.V. while you eat lunch makes it harder to remember what you've consumed -- and that can make you fat.
Researchers from Bristol University believe memory plays a crucial role for our appetites. To keep yours in check, practice mindful eating.
Tip one: set your watch and take 20 minutes to eat your next meal. Some research suggests it takes 20 minutes for the brain to register that the body has eaten enough.
Tip two: try eating with your non-dominant hand, if you usually eat with your right, place the fork in your left. The dominant hand is ten percent stronger, eating with the other, may help you slow down.
Tip three: Chopsticks. They're not just for sushi. Use them to eat other foods as well. And if you're not very good, they too will help you slow down when you eat.
Simple tips to keep your mind on your food and your waistline in check.
health watch, graciela moreno
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery 41 min ago
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos