Study: Garlic beats antibiotics at fighting bacteria
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A compound in garlic is extremely effective at fighting bacteria that causes intestinal infections.
New research found that antibiotics did an ok job at fighting the bacteria -- but that garlic worked faster and was a hundred times as effective.
The study was published in the Journal of Anti-Microbial Chemotherapy.
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire 21 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home