Study: Garlic beats antibiotics at fighting bacteria
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A compound in garlic is extremely effective at fighting bacteria that causes intestinal infections.
New research found that antibiotics did an ok job at fighting the bacteria -- but that garlic worked faster and was a hundred times as effective.
The study was published in the Journal of Anti-Microbial Chemotherapy.
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns 50 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder