Windy weather is blowing up allergies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The windy weather is blowing up allergies for Valley residents.
People are still recovering after Monday's dust storm. Doctors say wind gusts can spread pollen and mold. Symptoms in patients include: a runny nose, sneezing and itchy eyes. But there are some preventative measures you can take to avoid feeling sick.
Dr. A.M. Aminian said, "One of them is this syringe and you can make your own solution with table salt and you just irrigate your nose."
Experts say the recent weather is also causing more people to experience asthmatic symptoms. A number of over the counter medications are available to treat allergies -- but doctors recommend you get a consultation first.
health watch, mariana jacob
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe