Windy weather is blowing up allergies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The windy weather is blowing up allergies for Valley residents.
People are still recovering after Monday's dust storm. Doctors say wind gusts can spread pollen and mold. Symptoms in patients include: a runny nose, sneezing and itchy eyes. But there are some preventative measures you can take to avoid feeling sick.
Dr. A.M. Aminian said, "One of them is this syringe and you can make your own solution with table salt and you just irrigate your nose."
Experts say the recent weather is also causing more people to experience asthmatic symptoms. A number of over the counter medications are available to treat allergies -- but doctors recommend you get a consultation first.
health watch, mariana jacob
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos