Windy weather is blowing up allergies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The windy weather is blowing up allergies for Valley residents.
People are still recovering after Monday's dust storm. Doctors say wind gusts can spread pollen and mold. Symptoms in patients include: a runny nose, sneezing and itchy eyes. But there are some preventative measures you can take to avoid feeling sick.
Dr. A.M. Aminian said, "One of them is this syringe and you can make your own solution with table salt and you just irrigate your nose."
Experts say the recent weather is also causing more people to experience asthmatic symptoms. A number of over the counter medications are available to treat allergies -- but doctors recommend you get a consultation first.
health watch, mariana jacob
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home 25 min ago
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos