Employees are taking a stand, for their health
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you come home from work with an aching back, your working conditions could be to blame.
Recent studies have shown spending hours sitting at a desk not only can cause aches and pains but can also raise your risk for certain deadly diseases.
The Quality Management Office of Kaiser Permanente in Northeast Fresno has made drastic changes in their office.
The workers stand at desks that can be elevated, raising their activity level, their overall health, and more than a few eyebrows.
Dr. Robert Longers said, "People who come into my office, they say, what is this? Where's your desk, where's your real desk, but where do you sit? Well I don't and they start asking those questions."
Dr. Longers says, just by standing at work, you burn 10% more calories, reduce your risk for heart disease, and it also improves work flow.
health watch, margot kim
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet 2 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls