Madera and Oakhurst health fairs offer free services
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of North Valley residents took advantage of a free health fair Tuesday morning.
Camarena Health teamed up with 25 other local organizations for the event that offered plenty of services -- all for free.
Patients were able to get their blood pressure levels, and blood sugar checked, as well as meet with health professionals to discuss their concerns.
Organizers say there's a need for health fairs like this in every city.
"In Madera in particular we've got an obesity epidemic there's a high rate of diabetes so... healthy information and activities in this city is important," said Eric Linville, Camarena.
Camarena Health is having an event like this on Friday at their Oakhurst location on Road 426, from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
madera, madera county, oakhurst, health watch
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight