Get "HIP" to Medical Identification
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Seconds can save lives during a medical emergency and now there is a new "hip" way to quickly retrieve a person's information using NFC technology.t
Samsung Galaxy made it easy to bump and share information and that same technology called near field communication, or NFC, could also help save a life. In 2003, doctors diagnosed Angelo Pitassi III with diabetes.
"It's like taking your child home as a newborn for the first time," Angelo A. Pitassi Jr. CEO/Co-founder, HealthID Profile, Inc. said.
That feeling inspired Angelo Pitassi Jr.to create HealthID Profile, or HIP, an online mobile health management system.
"We use a cloud based storage solution," Angelo said.
Users receive a HIP code located on each HealthID product that they use to register. From there, they input all of their medical information including MRI's, EKG's, and X-rays. Their unique HIP code is also printed right on their HealthID band or card.
With a simple tap, diabetic Michael Securo can instantly call up his medical information.
"I know if I go down, something happens, my sugar bottoms out, someone can get my information, have access to it immediately," Michael Securo said. The HIP cards and bands use NFC chips to quickly retrieve a patient's information and all come with a medical alert symbol to alert first responders.
"The phone actually energizes the chip. The chip goes out to the cloud based service and displays the information on the phone," Christopher Melo, CTO, HealthID Profile, Inc. said. HealthID says they follow HIPAA guidelines and all of the medical information is securely stored. The NFC band costs 24 bucks and the card costs 20.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Angelo A. Pitassi, Jr
HealthID Profile, Inc.
(401) 519- 6566
health watch, margot kim
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 5 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east