Fresno County Health Department extends hours for flu vaccinations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Health Department has extended their hours for Tuesday and Wednesday this week, in hopes it will give residents more time to get their flu vaccines.
On Tuesday, January 21st and Wednesday, January 22nd, the Fresno County Department of Public Health Flu Vaccination Clinic will be open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. then opens again from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m.
So far, 13 people in the Valley have died from the flu, and experts believe it could get much worse if people do not get vaccinated.
"This year is a little busier than we typically see, especially in younger populations. And this is a reminder that it can be deadly and can cause serious illness," said David Luchini, Fresno County Department of Public Health.
Since January 2nd, the Health Department has given 2,200 flu vaccinations. Health officials say during this season, it is important to cover your cough, wash your hands frequently, and stay home if you are sick.
The Fresno County Department of Health is located at 1221 Fulton Mall in Downtown Fresno.
fresno, fresno county, flu, health watch, amanda venegas
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 47 min ago
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman