Fresno County Health Department extends hours for flu vaccinations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Health Department has extended their hours for Tuesday and Wednesday this week, in hopes it will give residents more time to get their flu vaccines.
On Tuesday, January 21st and Wednesday, January 22nd, the Fresno County Department of Public Health Flu Vaccination Clinic will be open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. then opens again from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m.
So far, 13 people in the Valley have died from the flu, and experts believe it could get much worse if people do not get vaccinated.
"This year is a little busier than we typically see, especially in younger populations. And this is a reminder that it can be deadly and can cause serious illness," said David Luchini, Fresno County Department of Public Health.
Since January 2nd, the Health Department has given 2,200 flu vaccinations. Health officials say during this season, it is important to cover your cough, wash your hands frequently, and stay home if you are sick.
The Fresno County Department of Health is located at 1221 Fulton Mall in Downtown Fresno.
fresno, fresno county, flu, health watch, amanda venegas
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 4 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 28 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Accuweather Forecast
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos