Lifestyle & Fun
Skip the party, give a bonus?
NEW YORK -- Holiday office parties can be fun, but most employees would really rather have some cash.
That's according to an annual survey on the career site GlassDoor.com.
The group polled thousands of Americans with full-time job, and found 73 percent would rather ditch the holiday party and get a bonus instead.
Five percent want to socialize with colleagues.
Preferences aside, you'd better get your best party outfit ready anyway: More than 80 percent of companies are planning a holiday party this year. That's according to a separate survey by an international outplacement and consulting firm.
That number is up from 68 percent of companies holding holiday parties last year.
lifestyle & fun
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe