Cindy Sheehan Arrested at White House Gate
11/9/2006 (KFSN) -- Peace activist Cindy Sheehan is still trying to get a meeting with the President. She was arrested yesterday as she led about 50 protesters to a White House gate to deliver anti-war petitions she said were signed by 80,000 Americans.
Before she was arrested, she joined the protesters in hailing the outcome of tuesday's elections and chanting "stop the war" outside the gate.
Sheehan met with President Bush about two months after her son died, before reports of faulty prewar intelligence surfaced and caused her to speak out.
She has tried repeatedly to speak with the President again, including a 26 day vigil last year outside his Texas ranch.
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76