Cindy Sheehan Arrested at White House Gate
11/9/2006 (KFSN) -- Peace activist Cindy Sheehan is still trying to get a meeting with the President. She was arrested yesterday as she led about 50 protesters to a White House gate to deliver anti-war petitions she said were signed by 80,000 Americans.
Before she was arrested, she joined the protesters in hailing the outcome of tuesday's elections and chanting "stop the war" outside the gate.
Sheehan met with President Bush about two months after her son died, before reports of faulty prewar intelligence surfaced and caused her to speak out.
She has tried repeatedly to speak with the President again, including a 26 day vigil last year outside his Texas ranch.
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos