More Women Come Forward Saying Local Dr. Touched Them Inappropriately
04/17/2007 (KFSN) -- More people are coming forward, saying a local foot doctor touched them inappropriately in the exam room. Action News has been contacted by 3 women who claim the doctor victimized them, but his attorney denies the allegations.
Action News cameras were there when Doctor Matthew Sciaroni was arrested on Monday, accused of inappropriately touching a child patient during an examination. This story moved a woman to come forward, claiming to be one of Sciaroni's patients.
Action News is not revealing the identity of this woman, who says, she saw the Doctor in 2000 for a foot problem.
Reporter: "what is the purpose of you coming out in public and telling us about these allegations?" woman: "because it happened 7 years ago, and it happened to a child."
She says she was alone with Doctor Sciaroni when he checked her pulse and circulation near her groin.
Woman: "he kind of reached under my under clothes&and reached across the other side and... He could have felt a pulse through a t-shirt or clothing, but he reached all the way across at an angle to where he would be touching more than just my stomach."
Attorney Steven Smith represents Doctor Sciaroni, and says "doctor sciaroni adamantly denies the allegations." He says, in court, they will prove all the allegations false.
Smith offers another reason why more people are claiming to be victims. Smith says "we believe your TV story is the reason those people are coming forward, because there's blood in the water now. We've got a doctor who has a deep pocket ...'this is our chance to make some money.' "
But this woman says it's not about money. She says "I just beg that people come forward if it has happened to them, so he can't hurt anybody else."
The woman we interviewed in the story says she has contacted police about her experience, but does not plan to sue the doctor.
Doctor Matthew Sciaroni is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday at the Fresno County courthouse. Tuesday, Doctor Sciaroni returned to work.
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts 17 min ago
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor 7 min ago
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops 26 min ago
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Wedding Workout: The final stretch
36 min ago