Family Hospitalized after Car is Hit By Train
08/26/2007 (KFSN) -- Two children and two adults are hospitalized Sunday night after their car stalled on a railroad track and got hit by a train.
The Amtrak passenger train hit the car Sunday afternoon near 10th and Kansas, just south of Hanford.
Police say the accident could have been a lot worse. But, the Amtrak engineer got word from an engineer going the other direction that the car was on the tracks.
The train slowed down, but it still hit the vehicle.
None of the train's passengers were injured, but they were delayed by about two hours.
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos