Family Hospitalized after Car is Hit By Train
08/26/2007 (KFSN) -- Two children and two adults are hospitalized Sunday night after their car stalled on a railroad track and got hit by a train.
The Amtrak passenger train hit the car Sunday afternoon near 10th and Kansas, just south of Hanford.
Police say the accident could have been a lot worse. But, the Amtrak engineer got word from an engineer going the other direction that the car was on the tracks.
The train slowed down, but it still hit the vehicle.
None of the train's passengers were injured, but they were delayed by about two hours.
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 44 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos