Family Hospitalized after Car is Hit By Train
08/26/2007 (KFSN) -- Two children and two adults are hospitalized Sunday night after their car stalled on a railroad track and got hit by a train.
The Amtrak passenger train hit the car Sunday afternoon near 10th and Kansas, just south of Hanford.
Police say the accident could have been a lot worse. But, the Amtrak engineer got word from an engineer going the other direction that the car was on the tracks.
The train slowed down, but it still hit the vehicle.
None of the train's passengers were injured, but they were delayed by about two hours.
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo...
51 min ago