A Hollywood Movie Crew Is Leaving Fresno
10/12/2007 (KFSN) -- It's a wrap for the new Indiana Jones film "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull. Crews filmed the final scenes at Fresno's Chandler Field Friday morning.
Aerial shots of the airport and shots of a vintage DC-3 plane were a few of the items left on director Steven Spielberg's "to do" list.
The film's location manager, Mike Fantasia, had to scout out every location for the new movie.
During his career, he's scouted out 35 states and 10 foreign countries. "We pulled out photographs and saw the photographs of Eagle Field and said "wow, this could work for South or Central America." And once the director said he like that, we increased our radius of about an hour from Eagle Field to find another airport that would work for East Coast and Central America." Chandler Airport was perfect for both locations.
Some crew members spent the morning repainting Chandler Field's terminal building, which had the Mexico City Airport written across the front. The rest of the crew is headed back to L.A. to begin editing.
The move is scheduled for release on May 28th.
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000 30 min ago
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos