Child Pornography Investigation in Porterville
Porterville (KFSN) -- A Porterville couple is under arrest after a child pornography investigation also uncovered possible cases of molestation and rape.
Porterville police arrested 31 year old Steven Arthur and his ex-girlfriend Jennifer Thurman Thursday evening after discovering thousands of images and videos of child pornography.
Investigators have identified five girls who say they are victims and they believe there could be more.
Steven Arthur and his ex-girlfriend Jennifer Thurman are being held without bail after being charged with child molestation, possessing child pornography and rape.
After receiving a tip, Porterville police were called to this house on Sandra Lane where they found thousands of images and videos of child pornography.
Sgt. Mike Blain: "There are probably in the area of 50-60 DVDs that were seized. There was a computer that was seized and there was a digital camera that was seized."
Police believe several of the girls who were molested by Arthur and Thurman live in the neighborhood.
This swingset in the backyard is empty now but neighbors say they saw children playing here all the time.
Bob Etheridge, Neighbor: "They were always over there and they would have friends, neighborhood kids always down here."
Bob Etheridge says Steven Arthur worked as an Emergency Medical Technician for a local ambulance service and seemed like a nice guy.
He's shocked by the charges against his neighbor.
Etheridge: "I think that's sick if that's really what's happening"
Sgt. Blain says he's never seen a child pornography and molestation case of this magnitude in Porterville. Detectives are still looking through all the evidence on Steven Arthur's computer.
Investigators believe the crimes took place at Arthur's house and the sexual assaults had been going on since at least September.
Sgt. Blain: "In addition to those victims we've been able to identify, there may be other victims out there and so we're asking that the public contact Porterville Police Department if they've had any contact with Steven Arthur or Jennifer Thurman."
Police say there were children living at the house.
Right now the County's Sexual Assault Team and Homeland Security are reviewing all the evidence.
local, jessica peres
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 34 min ago
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose 35 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Brad Pitt face blindness 21 min ago
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos