Anti-War Protest In Fresno
Fresno (KFSN) -- Anti-war protesters rallied in downtown Fresno, to mark the 5th anniversary of the Iraq War.
The sound of anti-war protesters echoed through downtown Fresno.
Bill Simon with peace Fresno, a group dedicated to social justice and stopping war, helped organized this rally protesting the fifth anniversary of the war in Iraq.
Bill Simon, Peace Fresno: "The occupation of Iraq has been immoral, illegal, unjust, unconstitutional since it's inception."
Protesters staged a "die-in" claiming the current administration has used fear tactics that have trampled personal rights.
Amy Aston, Protester: "To get somebody in the White House that actually has a conscience and has the rights of American citizens and citizens of the world in mind."
Not everyone at this rally agreed with protester's views on how to end the war.
Jolene Sedano, Navy Veteran: "They don't know half of what goes on when you're in the military in Iraq. If they were in that situation, I'd like to see what they'd do."
Navy Veteran Jolene Sedano says looking around no one marching was carrying signs to support troops.
Sedano: "I hate it. I really do. It makes me want to cry. It makes me want to cry."
Since the start of the war nearly four-thousand troops have died. That's why activists who marched hope the war will end soon.
Simon: "There is always hope that we will make progress towards the betterment of mankind here and around the world."
local, john-thomas kobos
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 5 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 51 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos