Perko's Arson Suspect Found
4/18/2008 Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- The man suspected of setting fire to the Perko's restaurant in north Fresno has been found in Washington State.
33-year-old Troy Baumgardner was arrested south of Seattle after authorities claim he ran from his father-in-law's house wearing only his underwear.
Baumgardner is suspected of the arson fire back in February, at Perko's where he worked as an assistant manager. He also had access to customers' credit card information.
The fire caused over $800,000 dollars in damage. Investigators believe the fire was set to cover up identity theft.
Fresno County authorities said they will file extradition papers to return Baumgardner to the Valley.
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails 58 min ago
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
- Court: Arizona citizenship proof law illegal