It's Been Two Years Since Debbie Hawk Went Missing
5/31/2008 Hanford, CA (KFSN) -- Dave Hawk's arrest comes nearly two years after Debbie Hawk went missing. For her friends and family members, today has been a long-time coming.
June 13th will mark the two-year anniversary of the Hanford mom's disappearance.
After she was reported missing, investigators found blood inside her ransacked home. And days later they found her van abandoned near Fresno also with blood inside.
Just one month later, Hanford police re-classified the case as a murder. And on October 30th, 2006, investigators named Dave Hawk as a suspect.
In June 2007, Hawk was arrested on felony embezzlement, tax evasion and perjury charges. Prosecutors say he stole more than $300,000 from his children's trust funds. But he was not taken into custody on murder charges until yesterday. And on May 30, 2008 he entered a "not guilty" plea.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for continuing coverage of the Dave Hawk murder arrest.
local, warren armstrong
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals