Dos Palos Family Victims of a Twisted Criminal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say a con artist convinced a Dos Palos family he would pay for their daughter's funeral, and then left them with a seven thousand dollar bill.
The parents of Rosie Mack said a man claiming to be a man named Benny Gallo offered to pay for their daughter's funeral after she died earlier in December. But the bills went unpaid, and they soon learned the man was actually named Ben Ford.
Police said the 44-year-old has a long criminal history. They believe he pretended to be a generous member of the well-known Gallo family so other business associates in town would trust him with their money.
Gale Mack said, "I was in awe, totally in awe, because this man said he was going to pay it all. Then when we found out that it wasn't paid for, we were just crushed."
Ford was arrested on Christmas Eve for a parole violation. He may now face added fraud charges and even one count of elder abuse.
crimetracker, dos palos, local
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal 19 min ago
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi 38 min ago
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film