Robber Hits 4 Pharmacies in Search of OxyContin
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno and Clovis Police search for a robber who hit four local pharmacies Tuesday night looking for prescription drugs.In each instance a note was presented to the pharmacist with a threat and the type of drug he wanted.
Starting around 6:00 Tuesday night three Northeast Fresno shopping market pharmacies were targeted by a robber carrying a note demanding drugs and threatening violence if his demands weren't met.
Lt. Anthony Martinez said, "The pharmacists said that they did not have any of the demanded narcotics available."
Fresno Police said the robber, a man in his 20s wearing dark clothing and prescription glasses, turned and left empty handed without hurting anyone.
Later in the evening, a robber with a similar description showed up at a Walgreens in Clovis and managed to get away with some drugs.
Fresno detectives are now working with Clovis investigators to solve these crimes. Fresno Police won't confirm a connection but there have been four other pharmacy robberies in recent weeks.
Surveillance photos from a robbery at a Walgreens in Northwest Fresno show a man presenting a note and demanding OxyContin.
Shoppers we spoke to said they are concerned but will not stop coming to their neighborhood stores.
Graco Sommerville said, "I probably will look out a little more but I wouldn't stop coming after dark because of an incident."
Sharon Randleman said, "The economy is getting worse but this has always been a safe place to shop at."
The description of the robber is a man in his mid 20s, about six feet tall wearing prescription glasses and dark clothes.
Police believe he could be armed and dangerous. You are asked to call either Clovis or Fresno Police with information.
crimetracker, clovis, fresno, fresno police department, clovis police department, local, john-thomas kobos
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Accuweather Forecast
5 min ago