Deadly Crash on HWY 41 near Coarsegold
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One person is dead after a head on crash that tied up traffic near Coarsegold Thursday morning.
It happened shortly after 6 a.m. at Mecca Lane off Highway 41 near the Chukchansi Casino.
The California Highway Patrol says the driver of a car was speeding around a curve when he hit another car and then crashed into some boulders. That driver was not wearing his seatbelt, was ejected and died. The other driver was not hurt.
Officers had to shut down both lanes of Highway 41 while they cleaned up the scene. The road has since reopened.
The driver has been identified as 21-year old Abraham Marquez Zamudio.
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Fresno State's famous sweet corn went on sale 53 min ago
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots