Deadly Crash on HWY 41 near Coarsegold
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One person is dead after a head on crash that tied up traffic near Coarsegold Thursday morning.
It happened shortly after 6 a.m. at Mecca Lane off Highway 41 near the Chukchansi Casino.
The California Highway Patrol says the driver of a car was speeding around a curve when he hit another car and then crashed into some boulders. That driver was not wearing his seatbelt, was ejected and died. The other driver was not hurt.
Officers had to shut down both lanes of Highway 41 while they cleaned up the scene. The road has since reopened.
The driver has been identified as 21-year old Abraham Marquez Zamudio.
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting 30 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
7 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related...
29 min ago