Deadly Crash on HWY 41 near Coarsegold
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One person is dead after a head on crash that tied up traffic near Coarsegold Thursday morning.
It happened shortly after 6 a.m. at Mecca Lane off Highway 41 near the Chukchansi Casino.
The California Highway Patrol says the driver of a car was speeding around a curve when he hit another car and then crashed into some boulders. That driver was not wearing his seatbelt, was ejected and died. The other driver was not hurt.
Officers had to shut down both lanes of Highway 41 while they cleaned up the scene. The road has since reopened.
The driver has been identified as 21-year old Abraham Marquez Zamudio.
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Accuweather Forecast
9 min ago