Deadly Crash on HWY 41 near Coarsegold
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One person is dead after a head on crash that tied up traffic near Coarsegold Thursday morning.
It happened shortly after 6 a.m. at Mecca Lane off Highway 41 near the Chukchansi Casino.
The California Highway Patrol says the driver of a car was speeding around a curve when he hit another car and then crashed into some boulders. That driver was not wearing his seatbelt, was ejected and died. The other driver was not hurt.
Officers had to shut down both lanes of Highway 41 while they cleaned up the scene. The road has since reopened.
The driver has been identified as 21-year old Abraham Marquez Zamudio.
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter 9 min ago
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 38 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help 32 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart