Nations Most Influential Rabbi in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One of the most influential rabbis in the country was in Fresno Sunday to talk about the challenges facing Israel.
Rabbi David Saperstein spoke at Temple Beth Israel in Northwest Fresno Sunday afternoon - where people in attendance had a chance to ask him questions about religion and possible peace solutions.
Rabbi Saperstein was chosen by President Obama to sit on a White House Faith-Based Council and Newsweek magazine named him the Nation's Most Influential Rabbi.
He spoke again Sunday night at the Unitarian Universalist Church at 6:30, during the Interfaith Alliance's annual meeting.
fresno, president barack obama, israel, local
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 22 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 5 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery