Insurance Group Raises Money For Haiti
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Local insurance industry workers have raised nearly $4,000 in relief funds for victims in Haiti. A check was presented Friday to the local Red Cross to assist.
Nearly 150 members of the Central California Claims Adjusters raised the funds. The group donates monthly to local charities.
When the earthquake hit -- Brian McGrath said they knew they had to spring into action "I woke up and I felt this is something we have to do. We had this lunch planned today and it was a great time for me to call this people and the support was overwhelming. I got the ball rolling but all these guys in this room keep pushing it," said
Group members say they will continue to raise money for Haiti relief efforts.
haiti, earthquake, fresno, local
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 22 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 5 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery