Insurance Group Raises Money For Haiti
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Local insurance industry workers have raised nearly $4,000 in relief funds for victims in Haiti. A check was presented Friday to the local Red Cross to assist.
Nearly 150 members of the Central California Claims Adjusters raised the funds. The group donates monthly to local charities.
When the earthquake hit -- Brian McGrath said they knew they had to spring into action "I woke up and I felt this is something we have to do. We had this lunch planned today and it was a great time for me to call this people and the support was overwhelming. I got the ball rolling but all these guys in this room keep pushing it," said
Group members say they will continue to raise money for Haiti relief efforts.
haiti, earthquake, fresno, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos