Insurance Group Raises Money For Haiti
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Local insurance industry workers have raised nearly $4,000 in relief funds for victims in Haiti. A check was presented Friday to the local Red Cross to assist.
Nearly 150 members of the Central California Claims Adjusters raised the funds. The group donates monthly to local charities.
When the earthquake hit -- Brian McGrath said they knew they had to spring into action "I woke up and I felt this is something we have to do. We had this lunch planned today and it was a great time for me to call this people and the support was overwhelming. I got the ball rolling but all these guys in this room keep pushing it," said
Group members say they will continue to raise money for Haiti relief efforts.
haiti, earthquake, fresno, local
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 52 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos