Insurance Group Raises Money For Haiti
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Local insurance industry workers have raised nearly $4,000 in relief funds for victims in Haiti. A check was presented Friday to the local Red Cross to assist.
Nearly 150 members of the Central California Claims Adjusters raised the funds. The group donates monthly to local charities.
When the earthquake hit -- Brian McGrath said they knew they had to spring into action "I woke up and I felt this is something we have to do. We had this lunch planned today and it was a great time for me to call this people and the support was overwhelming. I got the ball rolling but all these guys in this room keep pushing it," said
Group members say they will continue to raise money for Haiti relief efforts.
haiti, earthquake, fresno, local
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 10 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos