More Layoff Notices for Fresno Sheriff's Office
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of Correctional Officers with the Fresno County Sheriff's Department received notices that they may be out of a job. Notices for 71-correctional officers were sent out Wednesday. County officials said only 69 people will be let go. The other two will be transferred to other positions.
The layoffs will save the department nearly three-million dollars and take effect February eighth. There is a possibility these layoffs can be rescinded. The county is working with the Correctional Officers' Union to try and come up with another solution.
fresno county sheriff department, fresno county, budget cuts, local
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified 50 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant 30 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 58 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos