Shaver Lake Residents without Power until Monday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of Shaver Lake residents are preparing to spend the weekend without power. Southern California Edison and PG&E crews have been driving around in snow cabs to reach areas they can't get to on foot.
The CHP said drivers must have snow chains or a four-wheel drive vehicle to reach higher elevations.
Businesses have been surviving -- but barely. Many are accepting cash or check for necessary items. But until the power returns, sales will continue to fall.
An Edison representative said the power should start returning to some residents Friday night. But some people have been warned -- they could be without electricity until Monday.
snow, storm, shaver lake, sierra summit, fresno county, local, john-thomas kobos
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 12 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 7 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 10 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos