Shaver Lake Residents without Power until Monday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of Shaver Lake residents are preparing to spend the weekend without power. Southern California Edison and PG&E crews have been driving around in snow cabs to reach areas they can't get to on foot.
The CHP said drivers must have snow chains or a four-wheel drive vehicle to reach higher elevations.
Businesses have been surviving -- but barely. Many are accepting cash or check for necessary items. But until the power returns, sales will continue to fall.
An Edison representative said the power should start returning to some residents Friday night. But some people have been warned -- they could be without electricity until Monday.
snow, storm, shaver lake, sierra summit, fresno county, local, john-thomas kobos
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe