Free Income Tax Service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is offering help to individuals and families with incomes less than $50,000. This free tax preparation service is a program of United Way of Fresno County in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service and community based organizations.
The program offers 30 VITA sites in Fresno and Tulare Counties that will be staffed by 280 volunteers who are IRS trained and certified tax preparers. VITA volunteers ensure individuals and families claim all eligible tax credits to maximize their total refund. VITA volunteers e-file tax returns so individuals and families receive their refunds quickly.
The 30 VITA sites are located in neighborhoods throughout Fresno and Tulare Counties at community organizations, schools, churches and some government agencies.
fresno county, united way, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos