Free Income Tax Service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is offering help to individuals and families with incomes less than $50,000. This free tax preparation service is a program of United Way of Fresno County in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service and community based organizations.
The program offers 30 VITA sites in Fresno and Tulare Counties that will be staffed by 280 volunteers who are IRS trained and certified tax preparers. VITA volunteers ensure individuals and families claim all eligible tax credits to maximize their total refund. VITA volunteers e-file tax returns so individuals and families receive their refunds quickly.
The 30 VITA sites are located in neighborhoods throughout Fresno and Tulare Counties at community organizations, schools, churches and some government agencies.
fresno county, united way, local
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety