Man Killed in an Extreme Case of Road Rage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Stanislaus County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Michael Hoyt -- for the murder of 67-year-old Kenneth Winter of Hilmar.
Investigators said Hoyt beat, kicked, and attacked Winter in the middle of a roadway in Turlock, around noon Monday.
Winter was taken to the hospital where he underwent surgery -- but later died. His injuries were so severe; his family couldn't even recognize him.
Police aren't releasing any details of the crime, but the family said they've been told Hoyt went into a murderous rage.
Hoyt is being held without bail in the Stanislaus County Jail.
crimetracker, turlock, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos