Man Killed in an Extreme Case of Road Rage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Stanislaus County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Michael Hoyt -- for the murder of 67-year-old Kenneth Winter of Hilmar.
Investigators said Hoyt beat, kicked, and attacked Winter in the middle of a roadway in Turlock, around noon Monday.
Winter was taken to the hospital where he underwent surgery -- but later died. His injuries were so severe; his family couldn't even recognize him.
Police aren't releasing any details of the crime, but the family said they've been told Hoyt went into a murderous rage.
Hoyt is being held without bail in the Stanislaus County Jail.
crimetracker, turlock, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 47 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 44 min ago
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested 56 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River