Man Killed in an Extreme Case of Road Rage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Stanislaus County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Michael Hoyt -- for the murder of 67-year-old Kenneth Winter of Hilmar.
Investigators said Hoyt beat, kicked, and attacked Winter in the middle of a roadway in Turlock, around noon Monday.
Winter was taken to the hospital where he underwent surgery -- but later died. His injuries were so severe; his family couldn't even recognize him.
Police aren't releasing any details of the crime, but the family said they've been told Hoyt went into a murderous rage.
Hoyt is being held without bail in the Stanislaus County Jail.
crimetracker, turlock, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting