Homicide Victim Found Under a Bridge in Merced County
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a murder after a man was found dead Wednesday morning. The body was discovered off Le Grange Road about three miles north of Merced Falls Road in Snelling.
Detectives said someone who stopped to take pictures of the scenery there found the body under a bridge near a creek.
Authorities have not released any information about the victim's age or identity. But they said it does not appear he had been dead for very long, and they do believe he was murdered.
An autopsy has been scheduled for later this week.
snelling, merced county, crimetracker, murder, local
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns 28 min ago
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails