Homicide Victim Found Under a Bridge in Merced County
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a murder after a man was found dead Wednesday morning. The body was discovered off Le Grange Road about three miles north of Merced Falls Road in Snelling.
Detectives said someone who stopped to take pictures of the scenery there found the body under a bridge near a creek.
Authorities have not released any information about the victim's age or identity. But they said it does not appear he had been dead for very long, and they do believe he was murdered.
An autopsy has been scheduled for later this week.
snelling, merced county, crimetracker, murder, local
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 14 min ago
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up