Homicide Victim Found Under a Bridge in Merced County
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a murder after a man was found dead Wednesday morning. The body was discovered off Le Grange Road about three miles north of Merced Falls Road in Snelling.
Detectives said someone who stopped to take pictures of the scenery there found the body under a bridge near a creek.
Authorities have not released any information about the victim's age or identity. But they said it does not appear he had been dead for very long, and they do believe he was murdered.
An autopsy has been scheduled for later this week.
snelling, merced county, crimetracker, murder, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote 17 min ago
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach