Survivor of Car Crash Involving 11-Yr-Old Not Charged
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The lone survivor of a fatal crash involving an 11-year-old driver is out of jail. Police arrested Froylan Gonzales on Monday on several charges in connection with a triple fatal crash in Tulare County last month. But he was freed when prosecutors didn't file charges.
Action News caught up with Gonzales outside his home Thursday. He said he was tired & but couldn't speak because of his injuries.
Highway Patrol investigators said Gonzalez let 11-year-old Jose Silva drive on the night of January 12th. Silva, his seven-year-old sister, and their mother were all killed when their car crashed. But some who knew the family said Gonzales should not be blamed for the crash because the children's' mother was also in the car.
Family friend Amanda Medina said, "If it wasn't his choice, then it was her choice, and he feels loss too."
A Highway Patrol Official said Gonzales remains under investigation -- and that the case could be re-submitted to the Tulare County District Attorney's Office.
tulare county, local, sontaya rose
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 38 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos