Sheriff Mims Filed Lawsuit against Fresno Board of Supervisors
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims has filed her lawsuit against the Fresno County Board of Supervisors.Mims' attorney filed the lawsuit in civil court around 4:00 Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff Mims claims the Supervisors violated her constitutional authority when they rescinded 23 layoffs notices she sent to correctional officers.
The Fresno County Chief Administrative Officer tells Action News he can't comment because he has not received the lawsuit.
fresno county sheriff department, fresno county board of supervisors, court, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos