Sheriff Mims Filed Lawsuit against Fresno Board of Supervisors
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims has filed her lawsuit against the Fresno County Board of Supervisors.Mims' attorney filed the lawsuit in civil court around 4:00 Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff Mims claims the Supervisors violated her constitutional authority when they rescinded 23 layoffs notices she sent to correctional officers.
The Fresno County Chief Administrative Officer tells Action News he can't comment because he has not received the lawsuit.
fresno county sheriff department, fresno county board of supervisors, court, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 35 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 4 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 11 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies