Body Found in Tulare County Grocery Store Fire
PLAINVIEW, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators said a fatal fire at a South Valley business may have been started by a burglar. It happened on Cairns Avenue at Avenue 196 in Plainview ... East of Strathmore.
Firefighters were called to "Brothers Market" in Plainview -- just after 3:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. Inside -- they found the body of 29-year-old Juan Gabriel Gonzalez. Officials believe the fire started in a small apartment attached to the back of the store.
Gonzalez was found in a storage area of the store. Investigators said it appears Gonzalez broke in through the roof of the market and after he started the fire -- didn't make it out.
An autopsy of Gonzalez is scheduled for Thursday.
plainview, tulare county, fire, local, jessica peres
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested 4 min ago
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea 24 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos