Body Found in Tulare County Grocery Store Fire
PLAINVIEW, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators said a fatal fire at a South Valley business may have been started by a burglar. It happened on Cairns Avenue at Avenue 196 in Plainview ... East of Strathmore.
Firefighters were called to "Brothers Market" in Plainview -- just after 3:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. Inside -- they found the body of 29-year-old Juan Gabriel Gonzalez. Officials believe the fire started in a small apartment attached to the back of the store.
Gonzalez was found in a storage area of the store. Investigators said it appears Gonzalez broke in through the roof of the market and after he started the fire -- didn't make it out.
An autopsy of Gonzalez is scheduled for Thursday.
plainview, tulare county, fire, local, jessica peres
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe