Body Found in Tulare County Grocery Store Fire
PLAINVIEW, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators said a fatal fire at a South Valley business may have been started by a burglar. It happened on Cairns Avenue at Avenue 196 in Plainview ... East of Strathmore.
Firefighters were called to "Brothers Market" in Plainview -- just after 3:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. Inside -- they found the body of 29-year-old Juan Gabriel Gonzalez. Officials believe the fire started in a small apartment attached to the back of the store.
Gonzalez was found in a storage area of the store. Investigators said it appears Gonzalez broke in through the roof of the market and after he started the fire -- didn't make it out.
An autopsy of Gonzalez is scheduled for Thursday.
plainview, tulare county, fire, local, jessica peres
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 1 dead, 15 hurt 4 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo