Buchanan goes green
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis Unified is going green one school at a time -- and at Buchanan High School, construction for a new building is now underway.
Friday, workers lifted the highest point of the Green Energy Education Building for students in the district's Renewable Energy Career Technical Education Program.
Some students signed the steel beam before it was put into place.
Afterwards, students had a chance to tour the facility, which is scheduled to be complete by this fall.
When it's done, the building will include radiant heat flooring, a rooftop garden, and recycled building products.
clovis, energy, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices 23 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford 18 min ago
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
19 min ago
- Fresno State Bulldogs get out of practice...
36 min ago
- Online love connection leads to some...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos