Power Outage Forces Closure of Sierra Summit Ski Resort
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Crews from Southern California Edison have restored power to the Sierra Summit Ski Resort. Officials hope to be open again in time for the weekend crowds.
The Resort lost power late Thursday. Officials say Sierra Summit is still closed because a power surge damaged some equipment including the chair lifts and our Sierra Summit Skycam.
Officials hope to re-open Saturday.
sierra summit, local
- 7.5 earthquake strikes Mexico, according to USGS 2 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000