Schwarzenegger's Statement on Death of Fresno Co. Deputy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger released the following statement regarding the death of Fresno County Sheriff's Department Deputy Joel Wahlenmaier of Fresno, CA:
"Deputy Joel Wahlenmaier was a dedicated officer who committed his life to protecting his community, always putting the safety of others above his own. Maria and I are deeply saddened by this tragic loss of such an admirable Californian. We send our thoughts and prayers to Joel's family, friends and fellow officers during this very difficult time."
Wahlenmaier, 49, died February 25, as a result of gunshot wounds sustained while assisting a fellow deputy and members of CAL FIRE with the service of a CAL FIRE warrant in Eastern Fresno County. He is survived by his wife, Bev, daughter, Amy, 24, son, Austin, 21, and his parents, all of Fresno.
In honor of Deputy Wahlenmaier, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.
arnold schwarzenegger, crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno police department, fresno county sheriff department, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004