Student aboard Flight 93 on Sept. 11 honored
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One of the heroes on board one of the hijacked airplanes on Sept. 11 has been honored in northeast Fresno in a way that will allow future generations to remember him.
Skaters got to try out the new Todd Beamer Park at Maple and Plymouth Friday.
The park is named after a former Fresno state student who died about United Airlines flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
Todd beamer was a former Fresno State student.
He is remembered for saying "let's roll" and leading passengers to try to overtake the hijackers on their plane.
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream 40 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos