Student aboard Flight 93 on Sept. 11 honored
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One of the heroes on board one of the hijacked airplanes on Sept. 11 has been honored in northeast Fresno in a way that will allow future generations to remember him.
Skaters got to try out the new Todd Beamer Park at Maple and Plymouth Friday.
The park is named after a former Fresno state student who died about United Airlines flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
Todd beamer was a former Fresno State student.
He is remembered for saying "let's roll" and leading passengers to try to overtake the hijackers on their plane.
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos