Student aboard Flight 93 on Sept. 11 honored
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One of the heroes on board one of the hijacked airplanes on Sept. 11 has been honored in northeast Fresno in a way that will allow future generations to remember him.
Skaters got to try out the new Todd Beamer Park at Maple and Plymouth Friday.
The park is named after a former Fresno state student who died about United Airlines flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
Todd beamer was a former Fresno State student.
He is remembered for saying "let's roll" and leading passengers to try to overtake the hijackers on their plane.
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 1 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash 53 min ago
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Photos: Selfless acts that will brighten your day
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway...
3 min ago