3 Children Killed, 5 Injured in Madera County Crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three children were killed, and five other people were injured Tuesday afternoon in a head-on crash near Firebaugh. The accident happened around 1:00 p.m. at Avenue 7 ½ and Road Nine.
The children -- two six-year-old twin boys -- and their three-year-old sister were in a minivan, driven by their father.
The Highway Patrol said the van veered onto the wrong side of the road, hitting another car head-on. The two boys were ejected from the van on impact.
The CHP says none of the children were wearing seatbelts. Their father is hospitalized with minor injuries. Four people in the other vehicle were injured, one seriously.
The CHP doesn't know what led to the crash -- but they do not believe drugs or alcohol were a factor.
madera county, firebaugh, local, gene haagenson
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 36 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos