3 Children Killed, 5 Injured in Madera County Crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three children were killed, and five other people were injured Tuesday afternoon in a head-on crash near Firebaugh. The accident happened around 1:00 p.m. at Avenue 7 ½ and Road Nine.
The children -- two six-year-old twin boys -- and their three-year-old sister were in a minivan, driven by their father.
The Highway Patrol said the van veered onto the wrong side of the road, hitting another car head-on. The two boys were ejected from the van on impact.
The CHP says none of the children were wearing seatbelts. Their father is hospitalized with minor injuries. Four people in the other vehicle were injured, one seriously.
The CHP doesn't know what led to the crash -- but they do not believe drugs or alcohol were a factor.
madera county, firebaugh, local, gene haagenson
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt