New facility for Fresno Veterans
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- State leaders say they're just weeks away from breaking ground on a new home in southwest Fresno for veterans in need.
The home will be located near California and Marks Ave. The same site targeted for the failed "Running Horse" development.
The plans call for a housing and medical facility for valley veterans.
Friday local vet representatives met with state leaders for an update on the project and to discuss how California can do a better job of serving veterans.
Opening the veteran's home will create more than 400 jobs and provide housing for more than 300 veterans.
Ground breaking will take place in May, and the new facility is expected to open in April of 2012.
fresno southwest, housing, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos