Wal-Mart and United Way Help File Taxes for Free
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Wal-Mart Foundation and the United Way of Fresno County teamed up to prepare taxes for lower income families.
Workers wanted to make sure families who quality for the earned income tax credit received their money.
Officials estimate about 20% of individuals and families across the country don't know they're eligible.
The United Way operates more than 30 free tax sites in Fresno and Tulare Counties.
fresno county, tulare county, united way, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos