Stabbing Leads to Meth Lab Discovery in Merced County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies are searching for a man they say stabbed his girlfriend and her brother Wednesday night. It happened at a home on First Street near Camden Drive in Hilmar.
Detectives say 38-year-old Jesus Ortega stabbed his 36-year-old girlfriend in front of her two daughters. Her 48-year-old brother was also stabbed when he tried to intervene.
During their investigation, deputies discovered evidence of a drug lab at the scene. Task force agents removed several items from the house while detectives served three search warrants to try to find Ortega.
One neighbor who didn't want to be identified says the crime has left her in shock, She said, "For something like this to happen, to be stabbed and your little girls watching ... I'm just speechless, I'm devastated."
Merced County Sheriff Mark Pazin said, "We've got to get this guy behind bars, he is on the run, and I'm sure he knows we are looking for him."
The female victim suffered life-threatening wounds and is now in critical condition. Her brother has been treated and released.
crimetracker, merced county, local, sara sandrik
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos