Stabbing Leads to Meth Lab Discovery in Merced County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies are searching for a man they say stabbed his girlfriend and her brother Wednesday night. It happened at a home on First Street near Camden Drive in Hilmar.
Detectives say 38-year-old Jesus Ortega stabbed his 36-year-old girlfriend in front of her two daughters. Her 48-year-old brother was also stabbed when he tried to intervene.
During their investigation, deputies discovered evidence of a drug lab at the scene. Task force agents removed several items from the house while detectives served three search warrants to try to find Ortega.
One neighbor who didn't want to be identified says the crime has left her in shock, She said, "For something like this to happen, to be stabbed and your little girls watching ... I'm just speechless, I'm devastated."
Merced County Sheriff Mark Pazin said, "We've got to get this guy behind bars, he is on the run, and I'm sure he knows we are looking for him."
The female victim suffered life-threatening wounds and is now in critical condition. Her brother has been treated and released.
crimetracker, merced county, local, sara sandrik
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases