Stabbing Leads to Meth Lab Discovery in Merced County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies are searching for a man they say stabbed his girlfriend and her brother Wednesday night. It happened at a home on First Street near Camden Drive in Hilmar.
Detectives say 38-year-old Jesus Ortega stabbed his 36-year-old girlfriend in front of her two daughters. Her 48-year-old brother was also stabbed when he tried to intervene.
During their investigation, deputies discovered evidence of a drug lab at the scene. Task force agents removed several items from the house while detectives served three search warrants to try to find Ortega.
One neighbor who didn't want to be identified says the crime has left her in shock, She said, "For something like this to happen, to be stabbed and your little girls watching ... I'm just speechless, I'm devastated."
Merced County Sheriff Mark Pazin said, "We've got to get this guy behind bars, he is on the run, and I'm sure he knows we are looking for him."
The female victim suffered life-threatening wounds and is now in critical condition. Her brother has been treated and released.
crimetracker, merced county, local, sara sandrik
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 27 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 20 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno...
27 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after...
21 min ago