Jim Patterson Removed Campaign Signs
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno's former mayor has had a change of heart about some political signs he posted at a questionable location.
It's a follow-up to a story we brought you Tuesday about campaign signs for Jim Patterson ... currently a candidate for congress.
Patterson has taken down the signs at the corner of Temperance and Kings Canyon.
It's now an old boarded up building, but that location used to be Carillo's Bar ... the site of one of Fresno's worst mass murders. In 1993, seven people were shot and killed inside the bar.
Patterson told Action News that he spoke with neighbors who did not have a problem with the signs, but he's removing them anyway.
He says he put them up with the best of intentions ... and now he's taking them down with the best of intentions.
fresno, election race, jim patterson, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 14 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 40 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart