Jim Patterson Removed Campaign Signs
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno's former mayor has had a change of heart about some political signs he posted at a questionable location.
It's a follow-up to a story we brought you Tuesday about campaign signs for Jim Patterson ... currently a candidate for congress.
Patterson has taken down the signs at the corner of Temperance and Kings Canyon.
It's now an old boarded up building, but that location used to be Carillo's Bar ... the site of one of Fresno's worst mass murders. In 1993, seven people were shot and killed inside the bar.
Patterson told Action News that he spoke with neighbors who did not have a problem with the signs, but he's removing them anyway.
He says he put them up with the best of intentions ... and now he's taking them down with the best of intentions.
fresno, election race, jim patterson, local
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 10 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations