Officer hurt in Central Fresno crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was a car crash involving an officer in a Fresno Police cruiser Tuesday night.
It happened in Central Fresno -- just a few blocks away from Mardi Gras celebrations in the Tower District.
Fresno Police say the squad car and another vehicle collided in the intersection just before 10 p.m. The officer was briefly pinned in her vehicle, but emergency crews managed to get her out.
She was taken to the hospital complaining of back pain, but her injuries are not believed to be severe.
The other driver was not hurt and is cooperating with police. Police are trying to figure out which vehicle ran a red light.
The accident reconstruction team was still at the scene around 11 p.m. and police told ABC30 the intersection will be closed until 2 a.m.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, auto, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies