Officer hurt in Central Fresno crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was a car crash involving an officer in a Fresno Police cruiser Tuesday night.
It happened in Central Fresno -- just a few blocks away from Mardi Gras celebrations in the Tower District.
Fresno Police say the squad car and another vehicle collided in the intersection just before 10 p.m. The officer was briefly pinned in her vehicle, but emergency crews managed to get her out.
She was taken to the hospital complaining of back pain, but her injuries are not believed to be severe.
The other driver was not hurt and is cooperating with police. Police are trying to figure out which vehicle ran a red light.
The accident reconstruction team was still at the scene around 11 p.m. and police told ABC30 the intersection will be closed until 2 a.m.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, auto, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires