Truck crashes into group of children killing 12-year-old boy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Highway patrol officers are searching for the driver who crashed into a group of children in Fresno County, killing a 12-year-old boy.
The accident happened just before midnight at South and Dewolf near Fowler.
The highway patrol says an Isuzu truck was trying to pass another car when it lost control and crashed into a group of five kids who were walking along the roadway.
The 12-year-old boy died at the scene.
Another boy was injured and is now being treated at Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno.
Shortly after the crash some of the children's parents showed up at the scene.
"One of the children we believed called the family on their mobile phone and some of the family showed up and were understandably quite upset. One of the children had passed away and as anyone can imagine, that can be a stressful time for anyone, especially a parent," California Highway Patrol Sgt. John Johnson said.
The driver of the Isuzu pickup ran off after the crash. The highway patrol is still searching for him.
fresno county, auto, community regional medical center, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members