Free Prom Dresses
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Going to the prom can be very expensive, but now girls in the North Valley can get their dresses for free.
The student body president of Merced High School organized this temporary shop to provide dresses to girls at Merced, Atwater, and Golden Valley high schools who can't afford to buy new ones.
Students, teachers, and other residents donated the gowns and the owner of the promenade shopping center donated the store space.
Other businesses also chipped in everything from accessories to hair appointments to make sure the girls feel special.
Saturday is the last day the dresses will be available. The shop opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 6 p.m.
Students just need to bring their ID's.
atwater, merced, north valley, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy