Suspect Sought in Deadly Hit and Run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol has identified a suspect in a hit and run crash that killed a young Fowler boy.
Monday night, the C.H.P. released a picture of Ramon Ayala. Officers believe he's either 23 or 24-years-old. He's accused of driving the truck that hit 12-year-old Sage Corpus Friday night in Fresno County. The middle school student died on the scene.
C.H.P. officers served a search warrant on Ayala's home tonight, but were not able to locate him. They now fear he may have left the area, and they're asking for the public's help in finding him.
"We did serve a search warrant within the last two hours. We discovered he moved out on Saturday. He has relatives in Mexico and Redwood Valley up north," said Felipe Ibarra with the California Highway Patrol.
Officials are asking anyone with information on Ayala's whereabouts to call the Fresno C.H.P. office.
Meantime, a memorial fund has been set up to help with the funeral arrangements for sage corpus.
Those wishing to donate can do so at any Citibank location. Account number: 400 -587 -828 -02.
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos