Suspect Sought in Deadly Hit and Run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol has identified a suspect in a hit and run crash that killed a young Fowler boy.
Monday night, the C.H.P. released a picture of Ramon Ayala. Officers believe he's either 23 or 24-years-old. He's accused of driving the truck that hit 12-year-old Sage Corpus Friday night in Fresno County. The middle school student died on the scene.
C.H.P. officers served a search warrant on Ayala's home tonight, but were not able to locate him. They now fear he may have left the area, and they're asking for the public's help in finding him.
"We did serve a search warrant within the last two hours. We discovered he moved out on Saturday. He has relatives in Mexico and Redwood Valley up north," said Felipe Ibarra with the California Highway Patrol.
Officials are asking anyone with information on Ayala's whereabouts to call the Fresno C.H.P. office.
Meantime, a memorial fund has been set up to help with the funeral arrangements for sage corpus.
Those wishing to donate can do so at any Citibank location. Account number: 400 -587 -828 -02.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting 29 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos